48re to g56 03 ram 3500

Deezelking

Looking for some advice guys I have an 03 dosge 3500 0nly about 500hp right now but hope to be 800+ in the future. I have a full billet suncoast 48re w/low stall converter, now not impressed with this set up anymore. I'm currently re-gearing to 456's. Truck is a dually with 37" tires. I don't want to break the auto again, it's on its second rebuild. I bought a g56 swap out of an 08 and do plan on running a good clutch and flywheel. Before I swap the auto out i want to know will the g56 hold up to the power or should I stick with the 48re. Opinions please, don't compare to an nv5600 I already bought the g56.

I've seen G56's break with as little as 550HP. But, it depends how you drive the truck. Re-gearing to 4.56 is definitely going to help some.

I'm definitely not light on the pedal drove the hell out of my 48re till I broke the output shaft. Rebuilt again full billet shafts . I just feel a manual will be more reliable I am pretty hard on the truck though.

best bet for big power is a built 48re. swapping to a g56 hoping it will hold more than 600hp is a mistake

Why a g56??

Got a good deal on the g56 I thought $3500 for everything from the flywheel housing back plus pedals,wiring,mounts etc. What is the weak spot on the g56? I've read the cases break. But also read a lot of people put power down with them and they hold together fine.

The cases do flex and break. But I've seen a couple just sheer teeth clean off. I've seen 3rd and 4th gear do it. Both of these were trucks with less than 600HP

Back