4r100 help

greenthunder7.3

i just got done lookin through the search feature and couldn't find anything that was havin the same problems as me. i'm not sure if i'm lookin at an electrical problem or valve body, or torque converter was wonderin if anyone would have some helpful diagnostic tips on the electrical side. while driving it the rpms go to high before it will shift and it won't go into fourth unless you let of the throttle and then it goes in. its not slippin and i pulled the pan and its clean as a wissle. i was wonderin how to check the sensor box on side of trans and solenoids in the valve body? any help would be appreciated i have very little experience with auto transmissions. thanks

I would guess it to be in the solenoid pack or it could be in the tune thats in the truck (if tuned).

Lavon

it has no tune in it, it has always been stock. what makes you think its the solenoid pack? are they not pulling the spools? in the valve body

sounds like you might have a VB type issue.. sticky spring etc... tranny diag is very difficult without being able to drive it.

The spring may be broken in the valle body for 4th gear mine did kind of the same thing yours is doing but it would slam in to at full throttel

If you have to let off the TPS than it goes in then I would scan the TPS to make sure it moves through the range from idle to WOT smoothly.

Back