4wd conversion is finally complete

matt78

Well after 6 months of parts gathering and runt and josh being able to work on it my truck is now 4wd. Using a Manuel shift transfer case. Rear drive shaft was made new at stan Hopkins driveshaft in dallas. New moog pitman/idler arm, cognito brace,tie rod sleeves. Runt at chambers paint and body had frond diff, cv axles, front driveshaft, and a few other goodies. Josh h at top notch got the new tail housing and output shaft for the trans,and had to refresh the trans since it was built almost 5 years ago. Im very fortunate to have good friends to help me out,saved a ton of money. I work alot of o.t and have no time to attempt some of the things they did for the truck
Alot of people said just buy a stock 4wd truck and swap everything out,well thats more money than what this conversion was. So playing around the other night on a county road I did a 2000 rpm launch with the lock box on,tune 3. She hooked good,boost hit 60# around 60-70 mph. Didnt try tune 4 or 5. And my local track,redline raceway in caddo mills tx is closed for good and going to be a flea market.........I almost puked typing that. So maybe a trip to denton or paris in the spring. Im curious to see what the truck will do,have traction bars and adjustable shocks already so only one thing left to do,run it.

Back