4x4 drag racing

97Dodgeram

diesel head
just wandering what you other 4x4 guys do going down the track.........leave it in 4wd the whole 1/4mile, or just on thhe launch and take it out after that?

with the torque on the transfer case it wont disengage the 4wd until you let off the throttle so unless you plan to let off the throttle halfway down the track just leave it in until you pass the lights

I know that's the answer for the auto guys.. But when shifting gears with a manual. Does it relieve enough pressure to disengage?

I know that's the answer for the auto guys.. But when shifting gears with a manual. Does it relieve enough pressure to disengage?

Probably depends on how fast you shift...I've seen some guys that never come off the skinny pedal during their shifts, and you can hardly tell...

Chris

Probably depends on how fast you shift...I've seen some guys that never come off the skinny pedal during their shifts, and you can hardly tell...

Chris

haha yea i know a guy like that, and has gone through 4 NV5600's. so i'll leave it in 4wd i think

Back