5.9 Compounds Low Boost

eggyoak

I have a 2006 5.9 with a HE351 over S475 T4 housing(.96 AR) with DDP 90HP sticks, Arson 3 CP3 kit, Fass 95, A1 H11 head studs. For transmission I have a Allison LCT1000 with DStroked's adapter plate and electronics Triple disc converter and all upgraded clutch packs. I had Phil over at Anarchy Diesel send me a tune for it but i have been stumped ever since I got it tuned with the compounds on it because under WOT it will hit around 55psi overall boost but once it locks the converter up it drops to a steady 40psi and will not build anymore. Last time I logged rail pressure it was holding 24k on the top but was being commanded 25k which didn't seem like it was really draining the rail. When I talked to Phil he seemed to think it was because of the Allison not locking up at all. I have since then fixed the tune on the trans and I have verified lock up in 2nd through 5th gear and still nothing. What could be causing the low boost levels or am i just out of cp3. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

Wastegate not adjusted right would be where I would check first.

Are you talking about the waste gate on the top turbo? Currently I am running the stock waste gate actuator would running a spring gate make that big of a difference?
Wastegate not adjusted right would be where I would check first.

I'm assuming you're at high enough rpm when you lock up?

I had a boot once that would hold more boost unlocked, and then leak when upon lockup. I figured lockup creates more load/higher boost, and it was enough to pop hole in the boot open and bleed off pressure. But it didn't drop 15psi.

Egt's are in the 1300 range and the other thing I was wondering was if it was locking up to early. I will check the intercooler boots again to make sure there isn't any leaks. I have not been able to find any in the system yet. What RPM are you locking up your truck to get the best results?

Back