500+ rebuild

Rebuilding an E99 with 170K and shooting for anywhere between 525-550. going to order the WOP rebuild kit along with all the proper internal mods. Thinking about stage 1 cam and either 238/100's or 250/100's for towing reasons on my s366. I use the truck everyday and It gets worked Alot. So i need to make sure to be able to tune it so that it won't push too much fuel in the tow tune.
Any ideas and recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Will also do fuel mods in the very near future.

Here my set up been running it for 4 years now tows great no egt issues WOP GQSSB Turbo, Terminator Dual HPOS, Strictly Diesel Fuel System, DP Tuner F8 Chip, WOP Stage II 200cc injectors, BTS Transmission, 4" Dual Exhaust, AFE Stage II intake. 531rwhp

There is still this myth that larger nozzles are worse for towing.... when the reality is that it's quite the opposite.

In a very simplistic way of putting it, the longer you drag out your pulsewidth, the higher the EGT's.

If you want a reliable 500+ hp, and you want to tow... you'll have better results with larger nozzles, such as 200%. With the proper tuning, you'll love it far more than trying to squeeze out that power with 100% nozzles.

i'm building the motor to be as reliable as possible. And i'm goign to be towing with it very often so i need to make sure to have the right injector/turbo combo to be as efficient as possible.
i've read alot of forums about how 200% nozzles are easier to tune, that is for live tuning. And live tuning isn't in my plans so thats why i'm considering a 100% nozzle so that the tunes could possible be easier written

i'm building the motor to be as reliable as possible. And i'm goign to be towing with it very often so i need to make sure to have the right injector/turbo combo to be as efficient as possible.
i've read alot of forums about how 200% nozzles are easier to tune, that is for live tuning. And live tuning isn't in my plans so thats why i'm considering a 100% nozzle so that the tunes could possible be easier written

It's not necessarily a matter of "live tuning", it's getting a tuner that already has excellent tunes in the first place. This goes for 100%, 200%, 400%, etc.

The hardest part about larger nozzles is the idle quality.

And don't take this the wrong way... but you're approaching this as an "ease of tuning" standpoint, rather than a results standpoint. If you're trying to build a setup that is as efficient as possible and reliable as possible, then you need to look at what is going to have the best end result, not what is going to be "easier" for a profession tuner to tune.

then perhaps before I actualy purchase the injectors that would fit my application and purpose, maybe i should talk with various tuners and see what they suggest that would be most beneficial to my application.

then perhaps before I actualy purchase the injectors that would fit my application and purpose, maybe i should talk with various tuners and see what they suggest that would be most beneficial to my application.

To be honest, most will probably choose smaller nozzles. Not because they are more efficient, but because they are easier to tune.

I'm not saying this to be cocky or anything, but there is a ton of truth to PW and what you see as your final EGT's. When you drag that PW out to achieve the same power that can be done with larger nozzles at a significantly lower PW, there is a gigantic temperature disparity between the two.

Seriously, I can achieve 80rwhp more on these 200% nozzles than I ever did on stock nozzles and big oil, and I have done it with less than half the PW. The result? EGT's are lower across the board. And this is all done with the same turbo, intake, intercooler, etc.

So I can run 4.5ms PW with big oil and stock injectors, and get 350 rwhp. Or I can run larger injectors, stock oil, and 200% nozzles, run 2.1ms PW, get 430rwhp, and do it with lower EGT's.

Again, focus on the end results.

thanks for the info Pocket. My end goal is to be able to achieve a low egt's work truck that is capable of dynoing 500+ hp. I fully understand your example from above and i feel like your info helpes me in my decision making

Back