5000lbs???

Maybe some have the 6 inch frame and some have the 8 inch, I have often wondered how there can be so much weight difference in our trucks.

Dar

My 92 weighed at 5300 and something without a bed on it........and it has an 8 inch frame.

I think it has more to do with inaccurate scales around the country. I don't know........but every truck that I have ever owned has weighed (at our local dump) about 200-400 pounds more than the listed curb weight.......which accounts for me and some random stuff.... and my fuel tank is almost always at a 1/4 tank.

Well, the scale I was on was consistent. MAde sense too as I was never past 220' on the pulling track.

Hard to say. All most of us can go off is personal experience on our trucks.

All I know is... my current Ramcharger weighs in at over 6400# on the same scale. My dad's 85 crew cab on a std. cab chassis and flat bed weighs in at 6700#.

Last edited:
Unrelated but my 87 f350 4 door long bed 4x weighed 6700 bone stock with the ford motor. Haven't weighed it since the cummins swap lift and dumb redneck tires. But either way truck looks freakishly huge but it's still lighter than my second gen. Plan on ditching everything I can with out losing drive ability.

Back