5r110 floor shifter

carcrafter22

Have any of you used an aftermarket shifter with the 5r110 trans? What worked for you? Does the 5r110 have a similar shift pattern to any other trans? Maybe a ford AOD? 4R70W?

Going to need a way to shift my 5r110 in the project truck when I get it installed.

Ok what about on a OBS 7.3, same question. Doing a project with one and most likely wont be able to use the same steering column.

Art Carr transmissions is the only people i have found with a shifter for the e4od/4r100 trans

Travis

Ok what about on a OBS 7.3, same question. Doing a project with one and most likely wont be able to use the same steering column.

I just used a B&M floor shifter on my OBS, converted from a manual to a BTS auto with PCS and I didnt want all the mess associated with doing a full steering column. Covered the hole the 5spd shifter left in the floor perfect and it works really well. Just gotta make an adaptor to link it to the selector on the side of the trans. But it turned out pretty well I thought.

Lets see some pics of your adapter, Did the gating on the BandM shifter match up to the gating on the shift linkage of the trans?

Travis

Travis, we just used one of those end link adaptors from summit that threaded on the end of the shift cable, honestly dont know what the correct name for them are but they look the ball on the end of a lift arm on a three point hitch for a tractor. It just slips on the the small shaft that comes out of the trans and we put a clip pin to ensure it stays on, and as snug as it fit it probably wasnt needed but it made us feel better. As far as adjusting the cable length, it took a little time with one us adjusting and the other in the cab cycling through the gears but they all match up really well with the indicator on the shifter. Basically you come out of park, go down to drive and you can ratchet shift 1-3 if you wanted to, but the PCS does it better than I could hope to lol. I'll try to find some pics if I can.

Last edited:
Back