6.0 bad cylinder, piston, injector #7 and more...

Kyle_truck_pull

Got an 04 6.0 apart for a friend, got the head off with engine still in truck, #7 injector was cracked, the cylinder is really bad, and the piston is beat to sh$t.
I no little about these 6.0, is this worth fixing? Or replace engine? Destroke and put in cummins or 7.3? Any help would be great!

Throw the motor away and get a 7.3 or a Cummins to slap in it. No good will come by sinking a bunch of money into a **** motor

Post it up on Powerstroke Nation. There are options if you want to go ahead and fix it. I'm not knowledgable enough to answer. But alot of the guys that were here are over there now and I know they can answer your questions without the :bs:.

It depends on how bad the cylinder is scarred. If it's deep enough, the machine shop will want to sleeve it. If that's the case, junk it. There are people selling good 6.0 engines (at least good blocks) so it wouldn't be worth it to repair. Either replace it or swap it for a cummins. If you're able to bore it clean, then it would be worth rebuilding. Those engines aren't bad if they're built correctly.

When you say INJ. is cracked ,do you mean the hole in the head has a crack or the Inj. itself is cracked??. It will cost several thousands of dollars any way you go. Changeovers to other engines or fixing yours [ or replacing ] is VERY expensive. IF you are not willing to spend that kind of money then get rid of truck. Block can be bored .040
max. so deep hole or gouge probably not worth it. New block 3000 bucks, new head is
1500 bucks, you see how expensive these are? IF you can find used - 4-5000 bucks
and take your chances. Sorry, that's the way it is. Good luck.!!!

I've got an engine for sale that I'll make you a good deal on..... Already Studed and Deleted

-French

the piston has actually started to melt down on #7, one exhaust valve has a hole in it, and i think it is from the glow plug, because the glow plug is busted off on #7 also. the injector itself is cracked meaining the nozzle on the injector.

Back