6.0 Cold Start Thread

imelmo

Go away, I'm 'batin'!
Figured I'd throw up a quick vid while we're having this unusually cold weather to show how well ZMBYKLR starts in the cold. Sat overnight, temps this morning are low 20's, was colder last night.

A0513244-84BE-4E1F-B712-EB437DB67C55_zpsfqujluzk.png

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux-uxI9dOYg"]ZMBYKLR 6.0 Powerstroke Cold Start - YouTube[/ame]

That's not plugged in or anything as you can tell by the temp readings on the CTS. I run Rev-X at every oil change and put Power Service in every tank of fuel.

Now on the other end of the spectrum is the Fat-Butt Truck, 2005 F350 dually. I'm gonna go take a vid of it starting in a bit, if it'll start. LOL

Funny because two of my LFE 's with the V6's were plugged in all night and would not start this morning. 15 minutes with a 125,000 btu jet heater firing directly underneath and we managed to get one started. It was 3* this morning. My 2013 Cummins has never been plugged in and since I run out and start it in my shorts I never even wait for the wait to start light to shut off. LOL running every time before I can get my hand off the key.

I need new injectors in the wifes ex, it should do better! Has a hard lope when its this cold so it stays plugged in. Running 5/40 rotella synthetic, and diesel kleen..
It gets significantly worse with any normal 15/40 oil in it.

I need new injectors in the wifes ex, it should do better! Has a hard lope when its this cold so it stays plugged in. Running 5/40 rotella synthetic, and diesel kleen..
It gets significantly worse with any normal 15/40 oil in it.

Have you tried putting Rev-X in it? Is it a 6.0 or 7.3?

Who's FICM and or tuning are you running? I loved my "hot" 58v swamps back when I had the 6.0

Well the Snowpacalypse is gone now! LOL

Out of the absolute ****ty days I had Tuesday and Wednesday, my truck was the only thing I can look back on and be happy about.

We had -14* here without the truck plugged in I started it at -3* I run our upgraded injector solenoids. Starts in 3 cranks and hits on all 8 right away. Starts as easy as my 06 CR cummins.

You have upgraded solenoids? could you price me a set of injectors with them?

We had -14* here without the truck plugged in I started it at -3* I run our upgraded injector solenoids. Starts in 3 cranks and hits on all 8 right away. Starts as easy as my 06 CR cummins.

What do the upgraded solenoids do, Jesse?

Sounds like it makes it work regardless. LOL
I bet they work better at higher rpm as well.

They have a different coil winding. We found that the long side is the only side neded to upgrade. Short side does not make a difference from whst we have see on our flow bench. With the long side upgrade I don't see how stiction is ever possible again. Even with 15-40

Back