6.0 egr issues

Ackerdiesel

Okay I have a 2004 F-250 and while driving down the road the other day it started shuttering finally made it almost all the way home and going up the hill at the end of the road it started gray smoking and lost RPM's at full throttle. Unplugged EGR valve and continued home. No problems. Cleaned egr valve plugged it back up ran fine... For a little while. Then the stupid truck did it all over again. Cleaned EGR valve and pulled the edge juice. Seems to have fixed it. What could cause this I want to be able to put my chip back in :nail:

Just do an egr delete kit and call it a day. The cooler will eventually leave you stranded anyways.

Well I'm looking for a cheap fix until I can afford the delete. What do y'all think leave the chip out or is there something else I can try?

I would find a way to fix it right now before it breaks and you suck a ton of coolant into the engine because then you will really be screwed.

i got a egr off my 06 that should fit it if you want it whats it worth to you. Its only got about 8,000 mile on it

You probably had a piece of carbon clog you EGR valve again. You should be monitoring your EOT and ECT. Clogged oil coolers cause EGR coolers to fail so don't shoot the messenger.

i used a freeze plug to block off egr cooler were it attaches to exhaust.Worked good but cooler was not cracked.

Back