6.0 fans needed! dont want to dump another 4500$ into my 6.0

6.0stroker250

So not even a month ago my truck was in the shop for blue smoke....what it was that a piece of metal got into cylinder six....screwed the head and valves up and bent a pushtube....the guy pulled the whole motor fixed everything...but had no idea where the piece of metal came from

Last friday the same thing has happened buy in cylinder 8! what would this metal be coming from!?!?!?!?

Turbo?

Intercooler?

I never would have put it back together the first time without knowi g exactly what that metal piece was.

exactly!
Hes scared of the motor he says...he knows his 6.0's very well but he doesnt kno the backround of the truck....he thinks maybe something got into the intake while doin the egr delete but that was 15000 miles ago.....

Why did he put it back together without finding where the metal came from?

I got a 2003 F350 DRW Looking at doing some upgrades to mine i'm looking at about 15,000.00 in upgrades so i can tow my 18000lb trailer.
or should i just sell it and get a newer truck.

I got a 2003 F350 DRW Looking at doing some upgrades to mine i'm looking at about 15,000.00 in upgrades so i can tow my 18000lb trailer.
or should i just sell it and get a newer truck.

What are the $15000 upgrades and why? If you stick with Ford newer won't gain you much.

I'm sorry, but if you want to tow heavy, you need a Cummins.

I've had a LOT of Cummins trucks. Never really had a problem with them.

I'm in a Ford now, but I don't tow anything. If I did, there is NO WAY I would run anything but a Cummins

Im with ya on that one. My 01 dodge with just the comp on 3 pulled 10x better than the 06 6.0 I have now. My trailer averages between 14,000-20,000 and the 6.0 gets about 8mpg to where the dodge would still manage 10-11mpg.

yea sounds like he should done lil more research on what caused it first time >

Yea exactly! its still in the shop but ill keep ya guys posted on what is going on!
I do love my fords....but i would like a cummins...but not in a dodge no offense i just do not like dodge....but hey thats me and everyone likes there own thing...i would love a fummins!

$15000 will get up a cummins swap plus some! I love my Ford don't get me wrong, but that's the direction I'm going if any big repair bills show their ugly head.

Back