6.0 problems running

justuc

first off im a dodge guy but was a diesel mechanic for 6 yrs on big trucks. my family has a 05 6.0 that was having trouble starting and especially when it was hot. took to ford they diagnosed and said hpop needed re sealed. so I tore apart resealed pump resealed ipr and new screen and put new stand pipes and dummy plugs in it. put all back together cranked on it and fired up. let run for about 15 min or so to let get warm went back out there and revved it up about 5 times and on the 5th time it just cut off like you cut the key off and will not even hit a lick now just turns over? any thoughts from yall ford experts??? I have no computer or program to test sensors thanks in advance

First try unplugging the icp sensor if it starts and runs then it is a bad sensor. When they go bad they tell the truck it does not have enough oil pressure to fire the injectors. When you unplug it, it defaults the computer to 500psi and allows the truck to start if it is building its pressure. If not then you need to test the HPO system by removing the icp, the oil fill cap and ccv tube. Then pressurize through the icp with air. If you hear air then you have a leak somewhere.

Try that and let me know the outcome.

Well had some extra time today and pulled icp sensor and still nothing just turns over. Tested the ficm and have 48.5v! I guess if I have time this weekend I'm goin to try and find a fitting a do the air test on this thing.

Orings at the top of the injectors where the hpo manifolds go in, or an ipr issue. Look over the ipr real close for anything stuck in it, a rolled over oring, or damage to the screen on the end of it. If not the ipr most likely it is the small black Orings at the injector oil inlet. Sounds like you have all your bases covered so far.

Owner @ Power Automotive. ASE Master, L1, T2. Pretty much a Cummins fan, but I fix them all 50+ hours a week.

Back