6.0 stolen yesterday so tell me about 6.4s

Blackmagic94

Some illegal stole my 2007 yesterday, trust me if i find him he is dead.

Anyways if they dont recover it, how bout them 6.4Ls?

What kind of MPG do they get bone stock in 4x4 SRW F250 short bed stock vs a SCT tune and the DPF delete in city and highway

My 6.0 got 16 city and 23.8 hwy with exhaust and tune on 34s

mpg is way down in stock form..I hear 14mpg or less...the dpf delete and a good tune will gain 2-5mpg

My brother has a '08 6.4l with 28K miles and it see's mostly Highway driving and its only getting 14.5mpg when I last drove it a couple weeks ago (Hand Calculated Computer says 12.9mpg)

running stock (08's come stock with 34's) i AVG 14 on HWY. i travel 600 miles one way four times a weekend!!

with sct & other mods, i see 20's hwy!

summer time. lifted on 37s my highway mileage is 16-18 with spartan tuner and a dpf delete city is around 14 ish

My brother has a '08 6.4l with 28K miles and it see's mostly Highway driving and its only getting 14.5mpg when I last drove it a couple weeks ago (Hand Calculated Computer says 12.9mpg)

Please mention if this is city or hwy and what mods people.

UMMM, I think he did. Also you were seeing 23.8 highway in a 6.0 on 34's? Was that what the overhead told you, because that's nearly impossible.

I've been getting 12.4 to 15 with mixed driving to see my parents. It is almost all interstate except about 30 miles in a 260 mile round trip. I usually get about 13-13.5. I can get better running 60 ish on other roads besides the interstate. City driving seems to be around 13. It just turned over 3K miles and is stock.

Mine, now back in stock form, gets 13.5-14 mostly highway with 35" Mud Grapplers. Back when it was a new truck, it got 11-12 city, 13-14 highway with the same tires. All engineered and hand calculated

I have a full spreadsheet from mile 0 - 70,000 if you like. Send me your email address and I'll email it to you.

UMMM, I think he did. Also you were seeing 23.8 highway in a 6.0 on 34's? Was that what the overhead told you, because that's nearly impossible.

I dont have an overhead, that is real MPG by filling up and doing the math. That was not on 34s but on 305/50/20s on 20x10" Rockstars doing 65 mph solid and steady.

Anything over 68 and the MPG drops big.

Yeah MPH.

So if you did 65 it could be a lot better then.

Yup but there are few places that i go where the speed limit isnt 75, and going much slower than that just isnt worth the fuel economy (to me) I have never really tested to see how much better it is.

Someone once told me that every 5, or 10 mph over like 68 mph is exponential in the amount of wind drag that is created, so say the wind drag of 75 is double that of 65, not sure how true it is but its food for thought.

Well my truck was recovered and is at the body shop getting almost 11k in damages repaired, im trading that ***** off anyways to get a 6.4L.

Back