6.0l rods how much hp

I don't know the answer but I will be finding out soon. Building my 05 now one part at a time. Just installed ADII and it made a huge difference. Next stop, pull the heads.

800 some have made 1000+ on stock rods. 6.0 can take close to same as a 6.4

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I am thinking about Casserly 190s. What turbo/turbos would be best rolling on 35s and still towing occasionally? Have an SCT but heard they are heck on IPR valves. If this is true any other suggestions? Custom tuning?

Don't mean to hijack your thread but we might be heading the same direction with our builds.

Cass 190's and a powermax is good for 550. Innovative tuning imho.

Could a guy still tow with 225s and maintain drivability? Would they require twins? I would like to be over 600rwhp.

Twins. Its pushing to tow with 190s. 550 is a hell of alot of truck on fuel if you want 600 occasionally. Spray it.

I make 610hp on my street truck with our 190cc injectors, II 66,BD diverter valve and colt cams camshaft and Innovative tunes. Unfortunately since I put the diverter valve in I've bent rods in three engines. My tow rig gets punished at 500 all day and has no issues. I will say that I have about 10,000 dollars in junk new injectors from some so called great shops and didn't make squat until we made our own so make sure you do your homework before you spend a lot of money on someones 225cc injectors that only make 500hp.

Are you saying not to go with Casserly injectors? I have not had anyone tell me of any better options. I will drive the **** out of this truck and can't afford to be down all the time as my commute is about 300 miles per day. I don't mind spending the money to do it right the first time. If 500 HP is the limit for a reliable DD then please say so. I'd rather lower my HP expectations rather than buy rods or other heavy internal parts. A 5.9 CR swap would cost less than getting into the internals of a 6.oh.

Casserly injectors are good. Just giving you the real world knowledge of my own trucks. I personally stay closer to 500 for what you want to do. A set of 190's and a powermax turbo will get you there.

I've never been overly concerned with the bottom end on 6.0's, it's the top end you have to watch out for! All 4 of my windowed 6.0's had valvetrain failures that led to nice vents in the blocks. Never did figure out if it was a tuning issue(ie mucho timing) or what. Hard for me to believe it was due to timing though as I never blew head gaskets one time. When I tore the 4th one down after running at 600hp for around 10k miles, all things pointed at lifter problems again. I gave up and turned down another street!

Has anyone here delt with industrial injection injectors? I have one friend with 190s and loves em.

iPhone ?

225s are going to be hard to get to maintain pressure... Max I would go would be 205's... Imho having wastegates would help the truck live longer and tuning is the key

If your going to build it up for higher horsepower, I highly reccomend porting the stock restrictive heads so you can move some Air. These 6.0s are able to live at such high numbers because they keep air moving, cylinder pressures lower and timing down in the tuning. They still use PMR rods so too much cylinder pressure and your going to be needed a custom freeze plug for the block. Good luck with your build.

Yeah a ficm tune would help, we do custom tuning for the ficms which imho is the only way to go

Yeah a ficm tune would help, we do custom tuning for the ficms which imho is the only way to go

Now is that its own tune? or does it go hand and hand with the tune your already running already ( as far as matching it)

I love my tune from eric it took a while to get it perfect.. but man..

Now is that its own tune? or does it go hand and hand with the tune your already running already ( as far as matching it)

I love my tune from eric it took a while to get it perfect.. but man..

What we do is write a custom tune per your mods

Back