6.4 Powerstroke Intake Question?

Chuk D.

What is the best aftermarket cold air intake? I've always had good luck with K & N... The factory air filter is unbelievably thick and restricted. How much would changing to an aftermarket cold air intake help the performance???

The factory air filter is unbelievably thick and restricted.

Thats known as "filtering capacity". A Donaldson Powercore filter flows as good as a K&N and doesn't let dirt through like a K&N.

AFE and S&B are good for the 6.4's. Intake alone won't gain a whole bunch of power/mileage, but you'll have the option to clean the filter numerous times instead of throwing it away. With tunes they make more of a difference.

Too bad you'll have to clean the dirt out of the turbo too.

Maintenance. Higher flow, higher filtering efficiency, where's the problem here? Oh yeah, I should say, if you're a dumbf*ck and don't clean the filter, or don't oil the filter, sure, it wont filter that great.

higher filtering efficiency, where's the problem here?
Reality is the problem here.

ISO 5011
S&B 95.29%
AFE 93.44%
PowerCore 99.98%

Which one filters better? The PowerCore flows just as good until you're in the 500hp+ range.

I have a 6.4L and I'm looking at purchasing the AFE stage II cold air intake. What kind of gains in fuel mileage can I expect?

I've heard from none to about 2 1/2 MPG..

Answer.

Stock is a Donaldson PowerCore.

Do you speak English? You should try typing it too. If you're saying stock flows better than S&B and AFE, you can keep dreaming, web racer. If that's not what you're saying, make complete sentences we can understand in America.

I have a 6.4L and I'm looking at purchasing the AFE stage II cold air intake. What kind of gains in fuel mileage can I expect?

I've heard from none to about 2 1/2 MPG..

Intake alone, don't expect to see many fuel mileage or power gains that you can notice. Tune does the most improvement, and the higher HP tunes need a new filter to handle the mass suction.

Do you speak English? You should try typing it too.
Can you read it? I'm not typing in spanglish or German here.

If you're saying stock flows better than S&B and AFE, you can keep dreaming, web racer.
I'm dreaming? People like you think a small increase in airflow with a huge sacrifice in filtering quality is an "upgrade".

Intake alone, don't expect to see many fuel mileage or power gains that you can notice.
Thank you for proving my point.

Back