6.4 problems need help

Hart6.4

I have a 08 6.4 that I'm in the process of trouble shooting and replacing parts.... What happened when the old girl broke, one of my friends called for me to pull him out of the mud. I tried pulling him 3 times my EGTs never got over 700 my coolant temp was 200 with my oil temp the same when I got him out of the mud I was letting my truck cool down at idle. As I was at the rear of my truck it started poring out black smoke and idling ruff as I went to turn it off it started to knock turned the truck off hasn't been able to turn over sense it will crank won't start I towed it to the shop where I started doing test no codes on the tuner nor on my scan tool nor any wrench light Iv done compression test on all cylinders none went over 250 psi which is low no fuse blown or anything no coolant loss or mixed with oil but my oil does have a smell not like fuel or burnt need help it's a good truck only 100 thousand on it

Didn't do that couldn't find any body that had one for rent and couldn't by one I was short on cash I did have fuel all the way up to my injectors though

Didn't do that couldn't find any body that had one for rent and couldn't by one I was short on cash I did have fuel all the way up to my injectors though

You have a scanner and a tuner. What more do you need to see your rail pressure?

Ryan

Better ones then what I have all ready upgraded my tuner but hasn't came in yet

You can buy an obd blue tooth plug off amazon and download the torque app for your phone and it will read rail pressure. Total price for everything is under $35

when you pulled your buddy out of the mud, was this mud, or like water? any chance you sucked up some water ?

Back