6.7 cummins s476?

b.scheid

greenhat
im in the process of building up my truck (the one in my sig) and im tring to decide what turbo to go with. i found a really good deal on a s476/87/.90 and was wondering if i could spool it on stock fuel untill i get my nozzels and dual fuelers. anyone have any insight on this?

I'm sure tuning would play a big role in the drivability but the 87 turbine isn't that big in a .9, especially on a 6.7. I do realize stock fueling won't be able to get on top of the charger as quick but I still can't see it waiting until 2400 to come to life. I would guess that charger could come to life and be ready to go before or right around 2k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure tuning would play a big role in the drivability but the 87 turbine isn't that big in a .9, especially on a 6.7. I do realize stock fueling won't be able to get on top of the charger as quick but I still can't see it waiting until 2400 to come to life. I would guess that charger could come to life and be ready to go before or right around 2k.

6 blade LI 478/87/.90 with 150's and dual pumps lit around 2100 rpms.

What is your definition of lit? Just starting to make boost? Above 5 psi? I'm sure everyone's definition is subjective to their liking but I'm just curious what you mean by that.

What is your definition of lit? Just starting to make boost? Above 5 psi? I'm sure everyone's definition is subjective to their liking but I'm just curious what you mean by that.

The point where it won't lag, and boost is essentially controllable.

Ive ridden in a truck before with that same turbine wheel/housing combo with dual pumps and I believe 200s or 200% overs, can't remember, and it seemed to come on faster than what you're describing. I'm not arguing with you I'm just sharing an experience I had. Good luck on the turbo choice OP.

Ive ridden in a truck before with that same turbine wheel/housing combo with dual pumps and I believe 200s or 200% overs, can't remember, and it seemed to come on faster than what you're describing. I'm not arguing with you I'm just sharing an experience I had. Good luck on the turbo choice OP.

I could see 200% over being quicker.

Maybe that was the difference. I would have to ask to double check but it was a fun truck to ride in for sure.

I'd look into an SXE 369 with either a .91 T4 or a 1.0 T4 if you want maximum top-end power.

Im currently running a 476/87.90 it starts to make boost around 1650rpms but I have 250% overs and dual pumps.

If it's a good deal, you could always just get it, and put it up until your ready for it.

Back