6.7 injector with 05’ 5.9 ecm tuning questions please help

Blazed3500

hows it going everyone, I appreciate any and all wisdom in this, a little background first, I swapped my blown 5.9 recently for a 6.7, I’m using the 6.7 head block and injectors, everything else off the 5.9, 5.9 harness ecm fuel rail and lines sensors ect, truck turns on great runs great, other then every cold start it stumbles for half a second and spits out white smoke for a few seconds, once warmed up the truck turns on excellent runs excellent no smoke what so ever no stumble, The issue I’m having is some guys are telling me my 05’ ecm doesn’t have the capacity to run the 6.7 injectors, it could damage my ecm, and on the other hand I’ve read of people doing this swap keeping the 6.7 injectors getting custom tunes and having success, no smoke no stumble and no ecm failures, I’m not trying to doubt these other fellas as they helped me tremendously with wisdom in the actual swap, but my 6.7 injectors are good and I’ve read their superior to 5.9 injectors, so if I could save money and have a better product why not right? I’m being hopeful I can just buy an mm3 and custom tunes and not have to buy a set of injectors as well, I’ve read of people being able to adjust the voltage to the injectors with a standalone ecm? I’m trying to make a series of purchases soon to square off my truck and I can’t afford to spend unnecessary money lol thanks in advance!!!

Back