6.7 slipped timing?

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Anyone ever see slipped timing on a 6.7? Got a truck in the shop now with no compression, it shut off going up a mountain. Rockers are moving and oil and coolant levels are fine and the oil smells fine...

No compression on all holes? Did you happen to have the intake off while running compression?

I had one that the throttle valve was stuck closed and wasn't running, after checking compression and not having any on any holes I removed the intake and there it was shut

It spins like a car with a broken timing belt. Ill have to check that!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

no rail pressure will spin over easy also, does rail pressure come up to 4500psi while cranking?

Lavon

no rail pressure will spin over easy also, does rail pressure come up to 4500psi while cranking?

Lavon
Not sure, i just took a real quick look at it when it got dropped off as it was the end of the day. I'm going to put a scanner on it tomorrow morning.

Not sure, i just took a real quick look at it when it got dropped off as it was the end of the day. I'm going to put a scanner on it tomorrow morning.

Oh, I was assuming you had checked that stuff and ran a compression test on it. Yea make for sure its building rail pressure before doing anything else.

5600 psi rail, 160 rpm cranking speed, air intake and intake manifold disconnected, already deleted so it cant be plugged exhaust. No clue what happened but it definitely lost compression!

I'd pull the front cover off and see if anything looks out of place.

Don't rule out a slipped cam or crank gear.
Or even a lifted head gasket.
I also wouldn't rule out overheating and cooked rings, regardless what the customer may say.

They don't just lose compression out of nowhere, pulling a grade, something let go.

Mark.

Don't rule out a slipped cam or crank gear.
Or even a lifted head gasket.
I also wouldn't rule out overheating and cooked rings, regardless what the customer may say.

They don't just lose compression out of nowhere, pulling a grade, something let go.

Mark.
A head gasket makes the most sense but is it even possible to blow one that badly? Sadly he is from out of state and is probably getting the truck as is and taking it home

Back