600hp

frdslar

i want to make a sled puller/drag truck/ daily driver with about 550-600hp
my question is what parts do you guy think i should use and what trany/tork converter do you think would werk well with this setup.
here what i'm thinking efi live tune, fass 150, and a built trany with billit input/output shafts

I would run an ATS stage II at least for a transmission. I would not only invest in just a tranny and power though. If you are going to pull the truck I suggest trac bars, tie rods sleeves or HD tie rods, pitman and idler arm supports, blocked rear, etc.......Good luck

Or a suncoast stage 5 and put some money away for a engine rebuild. 600 rwhp is at the top limit of the stock internals.

call Mike L. everyone says his trannies are amazing! 550 hp is easy on a dmax, just get a GT40 Garrett, or a similiar variation, not 100% sure on the exact model, and dual cp3's, lift pump, EFIlive, a good tranny, exhaust, intake and guages and you will be set.

i want to make a sled puller/drag truck/ daily driver with about 550-600hp
my question is what parts do you guy think i should use and what trany/tork converter do you think would werk well with this setup.
here what i'm thinking efi live tune, fass 150, and a built trany with billit input/output shafts

You dont need billet input/output shafts at that power level IMO. Im running all stock hard parts in my trans with a built motor and twin turbos and I have not had ANY problems. The built trans (suncoast IV) even has 80k miles on it to boot.

the jump from 550-600rwhp is huge. 510-525 or so is about all the stock turbo is good for. If you want more than that do an aftermarket turbo or twins.

Above 575-600rwhp you risk blowing the motor up if you drive it like you stole it every day.

If you do all that and it doesnt dyno what you expected, dont worry about it. Dmax's in general dont dyno all that well. Run it in the 1/4 mile to get a better idea of how much power its making. With a stock turbo, built trans, and a good lift pump, the 2001-2005 dmax's will run high 12's pretty easilly. The 2006+ dmax's can run mid 12's on a stock turbo. :cool:

ben

Here is a list of mods in a buddys truck:

He is at just under 600hp

2003 Chevrolet 2500HD, Reg Cab, Long Box 6.6L Duramax. MBRP 4" Stainless Dual Exhaust, MBRP 4" Down Pipe, AEM Brute Force Intake, Coolingmist Water/Methanol Injection, EFI Live, Air Dog 150 Lift Pump, HTT 5571 Turbo, Suncoast Stage IV W/ 1056 TC, UDP Tie Rod Sleeves,

DD

Here is a list of mods in a buddys truck:

He is at just under 600hp

2003 Chevrolet 2500HD, Reg Cab, Long Box 6.6L Duramax. MBRP 4" Stainless Dual Exhaust, MBRP 4" Down Pipe, AEM Brute Force Intake, Coolingmist Water/Methanol Injection, EFI Live, Air Dog 150 Lift Pump, HTT 5571 Turbo, Suncoast Stage IV W/ 1056 TC, UDP Tie Rod Sleeves,

DD

That thing must be fast. Looks alot like my set up.:kick: With the HTT 5571 and dual fuelers one tunner saw 674hp and the truck lived to tell the tail. 600-650HP is about the most I would ever go with a stock motor.

Phil

You dont need billet input/output shafts at that power level IMO. Im running all stock hard parts in my trans with a built motor and twin turbos and I have not had ANY problems. The built trans (suncoast IV) even has 80k miles on it to boot.

the jump from 550-600rwhp is huge. 510-525 or so is about all the stock turbo is good for. If you want more than that do an aftermarket turbo or twins.

Above 575-600rwhp you risk blowing the motor up if you drive it like you stole it every day.

If you do all that and it doesnt dyno what you expected, dont worry about it. Dmax's in general dont dyno all that well. Run it in the 1/4 mile to get a better idea of how much power its making. With a stock turbo, built trans, and a good lift pump, the 2001-2005 dmax's will run high 12's pretty easilly. The 2006+ dmax's can run mid 12's on a stock turbo. :cool:

ben

You think you know every thing, don't you.:Cheer: :hehe:

Phil

Mike L is the man! He bailed me out a few times now. I know a few guys running the Suncoast stage 4 trans with triple disc converters, and they will hold 600+ hp no prob.

Last edited:
Back