650 HP LLY - What's it take?

1) since all of you debbie downers have dashed my hopes and dreams of 650hp I suppose I'll dial it down to the mid 500's
2) if you had to choose one single turbo - which would it be? For $2,500 for the Danville 72mm VGT why not buy the MPI kit for $3,500 and keep the stocker?
3) Jory - my maxi-pad doesn't rattle my teeth, or my brain for that matter, on my way to work in the morning. You just go lay in the back seat of your mega-cab with your coon old man!

Last edited:
:hehe: Just harrassin' ya. Good to see ya back on here after what, a year hiatas?

at least a year - I usually cruise the texas hunting forum and buy guns these days. Glad to see Billy kept my nazi dog avatar!

1) since all of you debbie downers have dashed my hopes and dreams of 650hp I suppose I'll dial it down to the mid 500's
2) if you had to choose one single turbo - which would it be? For $2,500 for the Danville 72mm VGT why not buy the MPI kit for $3,500 and keep the stocker?
3) Jory - my maxi-pad doesn't rattle my teeth, or my brain for that matter, on my way to work in the morning. You just go lay in the back seat of your mega-cab with your coon old man!

Lol not being a downer just keeping it real for you. I hate reading the bent rod or hole in block threads no matter what brand it is...

The GT4094AVNT, Danville 68-72mm & the Fleece Cheetas are all great bolt on options that will easily flow enough air to put a hurting on the rods with to much fuel. One thing is most all of the VVT chargers I mentioned will run hotter egts with more drive pressure than a fixed charger, but they do spool quick when tuned properly.

I already mentioned twins, I won't go back to a single, the twins are just to much fun. The set Im running now are some MPI's very first production twins the LB7 jig was built with my twins. Subman Ken had them, sold them to Mika in finland, I bought them and modded them to go on my LLY. Sold the GT4202 and bought a GT4094AVNT & a COMP TURBO 82MM billet to up the air flow. Tuning is conservative, trying to save the bottom end until I can build the engine this winter.

I'd get a box stock 66mm bw and a t4 pedistal, 60 over nozzles and a good lift pump and efi tune. Reasonably priced and 550 hp. Even the 472s with a good tune are hardly laggy. Then you've only spent a grand on a turbo, and it will do anything a stocker will and make your 600 hp. 2 grand max on engine mods if you install it yourself. Gives you more for the trans build. I have an lly pushing 650 but I didn't do it properley from the start. 66/71/12 gated housing with 60 overs and dual fuelers, no lift pump. No head studs in it either but never had a gasket issue.

Back