7.3 275cc 1 turbo = hp?

Smut

loser
I got a friend that lead me into the diesel performance world, with a 7.3 puller. I know he has 275cc injectors and a single charger. He wont tell me the hp rating he just says over 200. He still drives it on the street. But when hooked to a sled can pull a max of 330'. So with that info anyone got a guess at how much hp hes pushin??

What size charger? How far he can pull means nothing in regards to power, it's not like trap speed on the track. A well setup truck with 400hp can out-pull a poorly setup 700hp truck.

What size charger? How far he can pull means nothing in regards to power, it's not like trap speed on the track. A well setup truck with 400hp can out-pull a poorly setup 700hp truck.

I dont even have a clue on size charger.
Thanks for the info i didnt really know that.
Also if it helps i have a sct tuned 6.0 and he told said if we raced i would win?
Im thinking since hes always talking about torque he may just have alot of that.

6.0's have a lot of top end power, TJ's 6.0 6 speed loved being over 3k rpm's until it blew up LOL

Im just trying to give info to help me figure out a ball park hp number. Unless where going with 500ish

You can make 2.2hp for every cc of fuel you can effectively burn

Not that 2.3 is a huge difference, but that's a widely accepted number.

275 has the potential for mid 5's. Mostly depends on the rest of his engine and what supports them.

275 has the potential for mid 5's. Mostly depends on the rest of his engine and what supports them.

you can go well above mid 5's on 275cc injectors.

Questions like the OP's drive me nuts. You give us very vague mods and expect us to tell you he's got 475.96hp. That would be like me sitting on a beach in key west and trying to predict the weather in alaska just by looking off to the north west. Your buddy could be 400 or he could be 600+, who the hell knows.

you can go well above mid 5's on 275cc injectors.

Questions like the OP's drive me nuts. You give us very vague mods and expect us to tell you he's got 475.96hp. That would be like me sitting on a beach in key west and trying to predict the weather in alaska just by looking off to the north west. Your buddy could be 400 or he could be 600+, who the hell knows.

Roger....

You can make 2.2hp for every cc of fuel you can effectively burn

2.2 or 2.3 is that for 7.3s? I figure 3.1 for a 6.0 so does the # change per diff type of injector?

Back