7.3 Powerstroke

vmax.42g

Banned
I have a 2000 7.3 Powerstroke f-250. What would it take to get it pushing 350-400 HP?

good Custom Burned Chip and a set of Stage 1 Injectors

and a built trans. Fill out your sig. What are you looking to do with the truck?

I have a 2000 7.3 Powerstroke f-250. What would it take to get it pushing 350-400 HP?

350-400hp...

Turbo- 38R or a H2e- $1500-$2400
160/100 or 200/100 injectors- $1500-$2500
6 pos chip tuned for the injectors- $400-$500
Gauges
Tranny

That should get you right at 350-450 depending on your choices.

good Custom Burned Chip and a set of Stage 1 Injectors

Stage 1's MIGHT make it to 350, but it will be pushing it.

How much would both of those cost?

See above.

Guys, yall are doing it all wrong...

Stock Truck is 250hp (Auto Number)

6 Position Chip-140hp added
Cold Air Intake-20hp added
Exhaust-25hp added

Thats 445hp right there!

(All jokes aside, I had custom tuning, a great intake and high dollar exhuast, and a suncoast tranny, and all I could put down was 326hp)

I would shoot for 350 to 385 hp.... get some stage 1 single shots 175 from swamps, headstuds for you motor, swamps tuning for his injectors and leave that stock turbo on there if its in good shape. That will get you to 350 no problem. Also if its an auto i would through a single disc conv. and a shift kit in it. If manual i would do a good single from sb.

I would shoot for 350 to 385 hp.... get some stage 1 single shots 175 from swamps, headstuds for you motor, swamps tuning for his injectors and leave that stock turbo on there if its in good shape. That will get you to 350 no problem. Also if its an auto i would through a single disc conv. and a shift kit in it. If manual i would do a good single from sb.

No reason to piss your money away on studs and then keep the stock turbo... Stage 2 injectors will only get you to 35psi or so, well within the save range for the stock head bolts...

And with the stock turbo it will surge, and run high EGT's...

No reason to piss your money away on studs and then keep the stock turbo... Stage 2 injectors will only get you to 35psi or so, well within the save range for the stock head bolts...

And with the stock turbo it will surge, and run high EGT's...

My setup worked well with the stage 1s, and stock turbo. It took the boost up to 38 psi, where it blew the headgasket(with stock bolts tourqued properly) then replaced gasket with studs and it held together good and ran at 38psi and a cool egt temp as well wih no surging whatsoever. That setup was the ****... and i liked it much better than my other bigger setup with the 38r...

what is the difference in each companys stage 2 injectors? Are the for the most part the same? Some rate theirs at 80hp some 100 and some 120!!

I've got baby swamps (swamps stage 1's) with a ts chip, stock turbo and a mildly built trans. I haven't found anything it won't do yet.....and it's still reliable and gets good fuel mileage.

Back