7 Bad injectors over after sitting over night

JakeDiesel

I just finished up doing head gaskets on an 06 6.0. While doing head gaskets I noticed #5 injector had one of the screens blown out of it so I ordered a new injector. The rest of the injectors I wrapped in clean rags and set them on the tailgate. Same thing with the HPOR. I put the truck back together and let it sit and idle for about an hour make sure all fluids were right, then ran it for about 20 miles. Ran good never missed and had plenty of power. Got it bad to the shop drained the oil out and put fresh in and charged it back up with AC, Started it back up. It cranked a little long but started up and ran good. This next morning I went to start the truck and nothing. Every once in a while it will fire on one cylinder (#5). I have no CEL, no codes. I have 50psi of fuel, 1500psi of hpo. My FCIM has 12.5 volts in and 48 volts out, after cranking for about 5 or 10s it will drop to 46v. Run the injector buzz test and it pass, but I notice that it didn't sound like it should. I unplug #5 injector and it was the only injector clicking. Put #3 harness on #5 and it clicks, put #5 harness on #3 and nothing. No matter the combination I do with the harness that can reach #5 will click every time and I get nothing out of the others.

I looked for bad grounds or one that I might have forgot to hook up. the one that goes cab to frame is good, Passenger side head to cab is good, passenger side battery to cab and frame is good, same with driver side battery.

I am completely lost. What would cause 7 injectors to go bad over night, and if #5 wasn't new would I have 8 bad injectors. I was thinking dirt but I had everything wrapped in clean rags.

Thankyou Jake.

What about the ground on intake did you get it connected good?

The one back by the Ficm and exhaust heat shield. Should be good clean it all before putting on.

Think this might be a stiction problem?

Last edited:
you could plug in block heater for a couple hours and see if that helps. if it does it's most likely a stiction issue. all ficm connectors a completely seated?

you could plug in block heater for a couple hours and see if that helps. if it does it's most likely a stiction issue. all ficm connectors a completely seated?

Yea that is what it was. I was able to pop the coils off the injectors and free the spool up. Truck seems to be running good now.

Back