88-98 Chevy intercooler?

cumberlandfarm1

Which intercooler works best for the 88-98 Chevy pickups? If anyone knows of a thread out there to mount up an intercooler in these trucks could ya point me in the right direction, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i had good luck with a 7.3 powerstroke unit with a first gen dodge cummins radiator.

I used a 2nd gen intercooler, fits perfectly snug in the core support.

2nd gen cac/2nd gen rad. Had to trim a bunch, used the original upper mounts to hold rad. You also have to trim off the inner domes of the turn signals. But I did it 8 yrs ago and fab skills weren't up to par back then.

I used the chevy radiator, and left it in factory location. but like ^^^he said above you basically cut the whole core support out head light to head light.

I used the chevy radiator, and left it in factory location. but like ^^^he said above you basically cut the whole core support out head light to head light.

What size Chevy radiator did you use? Big block or 6.5tdi? I'm going to try an early duramax intercooler

What size Chevy radiator did you use? Big block or 6.5tdi? I'm going to try an early duramax intercooler

I also have an early LB7 Duramax IC to use on my '94 with the big 6.5 radiator. By my measurements, it should fit fine after cutting up the core support but I have not tried to fit it yet.

I'm interested in what you come up with.

Back