92 f250 cummins project

OBSstrokin96

I picked this truck up a few weeks ago,and I've slowly been picking away at the to do list. The guy I bought it from mounted the motor and trans, changed the core support out for a diesel (was a 460) with a 7.3 rad and 6.0 intercooler. Besides that he didn't do anything else.

The engine came out of a 93 f600, it's p pumped
It has a short 90 degree intake that I was going to replace with the dap horn. Cheapest one I could find and will simplify the charge pipe. Try not to bore you guys too much with background info but as of now my biggest question is what can I do for a tach with a fluidamper? Stock one was coming apart and the guy replaced with this, came with a relocation bracket so I was thinking of getting a stock dodge sensor but read somewhere that the Ford gauge reads off of a 4 both pulley and the damper only has 2. How can I make this work?

Last edited:
Dakota digital has a few options that would either convert the 2 pulse to 4 or use a signal from your alt.

Thanks man, I think I'm gonna go with there alternator setup. Does anyone have a pin out of the engine harness for a gas motor? Trying to figure out what all I can cut out of the harness, obviously the 8 injector plugs can go but other than that I can find any info on it

Last edited:
Forgot I started this thread, I'll try an get some pics up soon but in the mean time here's an update on the progress

The truck had sat for a few years while the p.o was slowly swapping the engine in and some mice got in the cab. Carpet was pretty trashed and the smell from the mice I figured would be impossible to get rid of so I got a new carpet for it with a mass loaded vinyl backing on it and I laid some sound deadening mat on the cab floor, ceiling and back wall. Picked up some super clean 40/20/40 seats and swapped them in and tossed the bench. Smells like a new truck inside and hopefully won't have as much engine / road noise.

Also finished the sas that the p.o started. Sky rsk, drop pitman, track bar drop bracket and poly bushings in the track bar, just need new shocks and to change the blocks in the rear and that'll be all set.

Onto the actual conversion, I got all the cooling system plumbed and leak free, everything's wired and all gauges work as they should minus the tach (haven't bothered with it yet). Fuel system (AD 150) is all plumbed and the engine seems to run great so far. Going to finish the exhaust and all the little bs tomorrow and Friday and hopefully take the first drive down the road so I'm getting pretty excited considering this thing has been sitting in my driveway since mid May.

This was in Iowa heading home with it, nothing special but I'm planning on it just being a daily driver
[ame="http://s1333.photobucket.com/user/Nick_Frey/media/Mobile%20Uploads/0515160613_zpsx5nhwyjq.jpg.html"]0515160613_zpsx5nhwyjq.jpg Photo by Nick_Frey | Photobucket[/ame]

Back