94 12valve has a ticking sound

hookem up

my 94 12valve has a tick to it. when i reve it up the tick reves with it. i dont know if its a fuel knock or something internal. it doesnt seem to be loosing any power and a couple of months ago i found that one of the washer under one of the deliery valves was busted i fixed that but still no differance. it doesnt do it as bad when i have stock injectors in it but when i put my 518s in you can really hear it. when you change the injectors it doesnt do it till its been running for about 20mins. any ideas?

when it's idling... go under your truck and grab onto your fuel lines.... amazingly, one of them will vibrate @ the same pace as the tick....

can you tell me what that means ? and what is happening?

If it is abnormally loud, check the lift pump. They will tick some, and you can feel it in the line, but if it is loud "like" a internal engine problem (rod knocking, etc), it will need replaced.
Have you done any trans work lately, loose flexplate bolt? Blown exhaust manifold gasket?

Mike

just put an airdog on it so lift pump is off and i put a blocker plate on where it used to be. just put clutch in and everything is tight. just put new exhaust gaskets on.

could it be a cracked holder for the delivery valves?

i dont know but it doesnt hurt to check the only other thing i can think of is internally and thats not gonna be pretty.

Back