97 Rough idle, then dies

OceanDiesel

I've been looking at this 97 F-250 HD auto 4x4 off and on for about a week and I'm starting to lose ideas. It wouldn't even run at first. I got the truck started, ran rough and then smoothed out. After running a while truck started to idle rough, like it's missing, then slowly dies out. Tried to drive it. Was low on power on flats, and lost power on small hills. After a few miles it started running rough and died. I hooked up AE, all parameters while running are good. It's not showing a missfire. Unplugged the ICP and it defaulted as it should. Fuel bowl is full, HPOP res is full, buzz test was good. I'm starting to think it's simply a fuel issue, even though I'm not finding any leaks. Any ideas would be helpful.

I thought about that after I posted. On another forum I was reminded to run a cyl contribution too...I tried once and lost connection, didn't try it again.

Update: 3 scans brought up codes P1280, P0344, and P0340. Was unable to get a good fuel pressure from the shrader. I ran 3 CCT's and came up P0278(3 times), P0275(2 times), P0272(once). KOER test gave code P0476. After messin around with AE I dug into the shrader. Found both screens full of gunk. I put it all back together and started the truck. Truck now runs good, has plenty of power(for over 340K miles), and went on a 20 mile test drive. Now just have to clear up the remaining codes.

Back