98 12v suspension on 01.5

BgBlDodge

Hates hippies
Working on a deal to swap the 4.5" lift on my 01.5 with my buddy's stock suspension from his 98 12v dually. Mines a single wheel. I don't see any reason they wont swap. Do y'all?

Other than stiffer rear springs I don't see a problem with it.

Make sure the springs are the same length in the rear.

they'll work fine.. a number of people I know swap their older trucks to 01-02 rear springs for a little extra lift.

All ill be doing in the rear is removing the add-a-leaf. Everything else is stock.

control arm buschings or something like that is different I think on 94-00 and 01-02's

and yes im talking 2500-3500's 2nd gen other then that everything is the same

control arm buschings or something like that is different I think on 94-00 and 01-02's

and yes im talking 2500-3500's 2nd gen other then that everything is the same

how are they different? every lift I've ever seen for these trucks is 94-02....

I thought hte bushings were smaller or the bolts were a different size. like i said i could be remembering wrong? ......wait wait maybe its the pitman arm im thinking that is different.

how are they different? every lift I've ever seen for these trucks is 94-02....

I have done similar swap . I installed 00 ram axles to my 98 12V and 98 axles back to 00.

It can be done, but :
1. steering linkage is diffenent.
2. control arm bolts are diffenent size
3. emergency brake cable is different

edit: 00-02 springs will give extra 2 inch rear lift

all that is getting swapped is control arms, control arm brackets, coils, shocks, add a leaf, and the little wedge thingy for the pinion angle. I'm keeping my crossover steering and track bar.

The control arm bolts on your '01 are 9/16" and 5/8" while his are 7/16" and 1/2". If that deal falls through let me know, I have a set of '01 front control arms sitting in the garage I could trade you instead of my 12v ones.

Back