99 starting problem

Got a lady here that put a brand new lift pump, starter, and injector pump on her 99 and everynow and then it wont start up..everytime she bumped the key the lift pump buzzed for a second so im thinkin its something electrical..Has anybody else had this problem? Maybe a relay or something easy?

What does it do when it wont start? Your a little vauge on it. Does it just crank and not fire, no cranking at all, ect? Could be electrical, could be a small fuel leak letting the fuel bleed back down the line and air making it hard to start.

she says it cranks and dont start. everytime i had her starting it it started but she said it does it when it warms up.. It can sit over night and crank right up, so that tells me its not a fuel leak, but she can run around town and do some errands and stop at a store and it wont start back up.. kinda like a bad shut off solenoid on a 12v, but what does a 24v use for that, just a relay?

after you crank it for a bit is the lift pump still running , if not the tracer coming out of the ecm for the lift pump might be bad. My 01 did this and i put an aeromotive ss pump on the frame with a toggle switch right off the battery and it solved the problem. it could also be a faulty crank sensor.

Back