A little help

bladerunneroif

TheFinalStroke
OK, i have owned a '05 6.0L since '07 i have went to iraq and back and thanks to uncle sam i am just now having the time to try to do my research, but i have a question, i have about 2,000 $ i want to spend on the motor, what would be the best way to spend my money and would it be possible to hit 500hp with that amount of money, thanks in advance for all the help.

What's the starting point ? Bone stock truck or do you have some stuff already ?

A good foundation is where ya start were talkin headstuds, egr delete, and regulated return. Get that done and get sum tunes with a SCT. Theres always sumthin to fill in the gap but its a good start, dont know bout 500 but with the right tuning you'll be very happy. The money goes fast!

Airaid intake
SCT tuner from your choice of tuners
4" exhaust
Gauge package...trans temp/boost/pyro
egr delete

That's a good starting point. I don't believe in putting in studs just because you get a tuner...others will disagree.

That'll get you about 430ish to the wheels and going from a stone stock truck you will love it.

To get that 500 hp every time you drive it you're gonna need injectors and a fuel system upgade which will kill your budget bigtime.

If you want it every once in a while....a good nitrous kit will get you there.

Adding either one of those though...and I'd recomend studding the heads.

Airaid intake
SCT tuner from your choice of tuners
4" exhaust
Gauge package...trans temp/boost/pyro
egr delete

That's a good starting point. I don't believe in putting in studs just because you get a tuner...others will disagree.

That'll get you about 430ish to the wheels and going from a stone stock truck you will love it.

To get that 500 hp every time you drive it you're gonna need injectors and a fuel system upgade which will kill your budget bigtime.

If you want it every once in a while....a good nitrous kit will get you there.

Adding either one of those though...and I'd recomend studding the heads.

I agree. I would also start looking for a mod friendly dealership.

Thanks guys i really appreciate the help, i was thinking about doing all that i just didnt know exactly the best way to go. thanks for the help

This is just a quick search. By no means am I saying that this is the best price or the only game in town. These are just companies we deal with and trust (except for superior4x4.com they were just a random search for a price on an intake).

Innovative Diesel SCT with custom tunes by Eric $430
KT Performance Isspro 3 pod gauge kit $294
KT Performance Exhaust (turbo back) $273
First Coast Diesel Performance full EGR Delete $630
Trusted Performance Stage I fuel kit $188 (Military Price $165)

Intake is optional in our opinion. The factory one is a really well designed intake that offers great all around performance.
Superior 4x4.com Airaid intake $238

The other thing you have going for you, is that many companies offer military discounts (we do). So, don’t order online, until you have talked to someone and asked them that. Ordering online first, may end up costing you more.

Brian, thank you for your service. We will be happy to put together a package for you.

What is your overall goal use with the truck? I need to know what direction we are going to figure out what is going to be the best for you.

-Kenny
352-636-0812

Back