A small change makes a big difference

nummit

I firmed up the 1-2 and 2-3 upshifts by 5% and holy crap that made a big difference in the way the truck shifts. At WOT it will chirp the 35's on the upshift.
Anyone gone higher than 5%?
I think much more would be harsh and hard on equipmet

Last edited:
iracemx6 said:
I have mine set to 25% on the 1-2 and 2-3.
Nice and FIRM shifts.

25%?????:aiwebs_010:

Holy crap! At 5% I was thinking the shift was a bit too firm at low speeds, 25% must hit like a freight train

LOL 25%? dang that is a ton! i might have to try that 5% on the Gonzo File

I think MOST of your shifting firmness is controlled by your tuner(Dj,Innovative or whoever) and the parameters on your SCT are very limited to the amount they actually change things.
I may be wrong,but I can't tell ALOT of difference between 5% and 25%.
I told Eric I wanted VERY firm shifts and that's what I have.I put mine on 25%,but didn't notice a big difference.Could just be my truck though!

5% was a very noticeable change on my truck.
At low speeds the shift is hard enough to get some driveline shudder, at WOT the shift is awesome

How do you change the settings on the programer? On line? Do you guys run the Looney or Max tune as a daily driver? I have left mine on the looney setting and like how it runs. Its good insurance when those punks try to race me.

I MOSTLY run my Xtreme Street file.
You can change the parameters when you first plug the programmer in and pick custom tune instead of stock.Once you pick a file it will ask you if you want to change the optional parameters and you hit yes and scroll down the options.
If yours isn't updated you will not have as many options.You can go to SCT's web site and upgrade.

Got mine set from the tuners on how they set it. I ran Doug's tune the other day. Locked TC with my setup is VERY harsh on you when you lay into the throttle. I liked it but the wife's seat belt kept tightening up on her.:evil Got DJ's Looney tune in it now. It is smooth from old man throttle to balls to the walls throttle. I have thought about turning the pressures up but I already have problems of keeping things on the dash and my guages staying attached.:evil :bigsmile:

Back