Aam 11.5 ?

dangerous06

diesel tech
OK so I have the 11.5 with limited slip diff from factory are these things rebuildable? What wears out on them? had the misfortune of being in mud with only one wheel spinning no matter what i did slight brake hard brake no brake only one wheel would spin! That sucked! Any suggestions on a rock solid unit that is a posi lock? I was looking at the ARB air locker any thoughts or other suggestions?

Of course its rebuildable... If you want a locker, put a Detroit in it. A limited slip is not a locker.

The helical gears and the inside of the dif case wear. At that point you're farther ahead replacing the entire dif.

That was my understanding, no clutches to restack or rebuild.

I meant the whole R&P assembly, not just the carrier. I read the question wrong.

The helical gears and the inside of the dif case wear. At that point you're farther ahead replacing the entire dif.

So nothing rebuildable and you say the diff case "housing" Wears out?
What kind of crap is that? Disposable rear end? So if I take it apart remove the carrier there will be wear on the housing? Man I've never seen that before, sounds like china parts! Or are you talking about the carrier assembly? Detroit or air locker? I cruise at 65 = 2000rpm. Should I drop the gears to a 3.42 or will that hurt my spool up to much? I've got nothing till I hit 2000rpm with the 64 right now.

Last edited:
Back