About to order my Roll Bar kit.

SCHOOL BUS

DLRA T-O
Im going with a kit from SW

https://swracecars.com/store/8-Point-Roll-Bar-OSCARItem_28=11-2049.aspx

I know its not the best one i can get but its what i can afford right now. the high end bar is only 100 more but from my understanding it has to be tig'd and i dont have access to one. I'm eventually gonna make this a 10 point but starting with just a bar for now.

FEw questions about nhra rules. What are the guideline on the side bar height and is there supposed to be a certain amount of clearance between the the top bar and my head? I know welds arnt to be ground down. Any thing else?

Also, Is anybody making a pre cut Lexan back window for second gens?

And, can a door bar be installed later on down the road after the kit is installed.

thanks in advance guys

I had cut my own rear window I have not seen pre cut.
Get yourself a 2011 rulebook and it will detail all the measurements you are looking for.

I'm pretty sure you have to have the door bars installed for it to be certified but they can be removable

SW has the rear window I think.
rollbar.gif

more info here. Frequently Asked NHRA Tech Questions

Last edited:
Don't expect much help from the S&W instructions that are included with the kit. We just got done putting a cage from them in my buddies Jeep Cherokee. The instructions are generic roll cage pictures for a 2 door car.

Door bar has to be inbetween your elbow and shoulder when your hands are on the wheel. As far as head clearance just make sure your helmet does not stick above the top of the main hoop. Yes welds cannot be ground down, and the extra $100 must be chromoly so yes it has to be tig welded. For a back window make a cardboard template then go to home depot and buy a sheet of lexan .093" thick and trace it onto there, pretty simple to do and you can cut it with sheet metal snips.

Im going with a kit from SW

https://swracecars.com/store/8-Point-Roll-Bar-OSCARItem_28=11-2049.aspx

I know its not the best one i can get but its what i can afford right now. the high end bar is only 100 more but from my understanding it has to be tig'd and i dont have access to one. I'm eventually gonna make this a 10 point but starting with just a bar for now.

FEw questions about nhra rules. What are the guideline on the side bar height and is there supposed to be a certain amount of clearance between the the top bar and my head? I know welds arnt to be ground down. Any thing else?

Also, Is anybody making a pre cut Lexan back window for second gens?

And, can a door bar be installed later on down the road after the kit is installed.

thanks in advance guys

Bus- Just take out your back window, take it to a glass/mirror shop, drop it off and go wrench on something else in the meantime. They will not charge much mine was $100 including the lexan I think. Good luck on the cage. Post some pics.

Ordered the kit today. Gonna wait to do the swing out door bar. With shipping it cost 305.

Back