Acetone

Wow!! Just read most of that article....

I might just try this!!! May start with my VW TDI first....It's my mileage car, and less expensive one just in case of some bad effects...

Wow!! Just read most of that article....

I might just try this!!! May start with my VW TDI first....It's my mileage car, and less expensive one just in case of some bad effects...

The ratio at 2-3 ounces to ever 10 gallons is like 300:1 or better, if it bothers you, like it did me i would add some lubricity additive in there as well. let us know the results!

BTW how soon are you going to try this?

The ratio at 2-3 ounces to ever 10 gallons is like 300:1 or better, if it bothers you, like it did me i would add some lubricity additive in there as well. let us know the results!

BTW how soon are you going to try this?

Hopefully very soon in my VW....I don't usually add much to the VW but I always add 2 stroke oil & soy shield to my truck though....

I'll put just a bit of 2stroke or soy shield with the acetone and try it....My problem is that It'll take forever to really test for me...I don't have to drive my personal vehicles too much these days...I spend all my Dang time in this freakin patrol car!! Between Friday till tonight at 9:15 when I'm off duty, I'll have worked 43.5 hrs!!!!!!!!!!!:bang

Hopefully very soon in my VW....I don't usually add much to the VW but I always add 2 stroke oil & soy shield to my truck though....

I'll put just a bit of 2stroke or soy shield with the acetone and try it....My problem is that It'll take forever to really test for me...I don't have to drive my personal vehicles too much these days...I spend all my Dang time in this freakin patrol car!! Between Friday till tonight at 9:15 when I'm off duty, I'll have worked 43.5 hrs!!!!!!!!!!!:bang

HA! put it in your patrol car.......:rockwoot:

I tried it in a cummins a few years ago at alot of different mixtures. I did nothing for milage or power.

I would NOT put that in a diesel. Acetone, tolulene, xylene were used to make poor mans race GAS. They are used to increase the octane in gasoline. Diesel uses cetane, I am no chemist but I would NOT be putting that in my rig. :badidea: Try using 2 stroke oil, 1oz per gallon.

i used acetone in my 6.0 ford and it increased my mileage to 1.6 miles per gallon ,did not help me at all in my 12 valves trucks

I tried it in my old 24V cummins and got zero results with it. A friend tried it in his D-Max and picked up a little mileage although I can't remember how much. I do remember him saying it wasn't enough to keep him doing it.

I wonder if more or less of an amount is needed to achieve better results.

My gas engines like it, the diesels it seems needs to be on the lean side fuel wise to see good results, Hmmm

It seems that the acetone would dry out the seals in the fuel system. I have added denatured alcohol and have had increases in power but it dries seals up as well.

Back