ad ii fuel psi

dixon700

cummins fanatic
I originally set my ad ii 165 to about 22psi and wot it would drop to 10-12psi. I upped the fuel psi to about 25-26psi and it will still drop to 12-14. Is this normal? I measure fuel psi right at my elbow going into the cp3 and I have my feed line plumbed into the stock filter housing with a Baldwin
Pf7977. I also have 1/2" pushlock line running from the stock filter housing to the cp3.

That's plenty of fuel. It's not always about pressure. The volume is there. So you are running the ad filter and a stock filter?

from phone

Last edited:
I noticed the pressure fluctuates more than I expected with my ADII as well, remember that it's not a true pressure regulator, rather a spring / orifice / plunger, which causes the pressure to change due to different spring rates at different flow rates. Regardless it should be fine, as stated above.

Yes I'm running it into the stock canister. It'll drop below 10psi and all of my line is 1/2". I think it has part to do with my rail psi. Idt it has a sufficient amount of fuel. I messaged Kyle to see if it sounds normal. Valair had a sort of similar built truck and his psi never drops below 20psi.

I emailed airdog they said my stock canister with the pf7977 in it is a restriction.

Back