added hp = trans???

AdaMax

My friends son bought a 2001 7.3 powerstroke with an automatic transmission . I personally am a dmax guy so I have no clue , how much horsepower can he put to it before he has to worry about the trans or anything else that is incorporated with added hp ( He has an edge of somekind hooked to it right now) .

edge will kill it alone....custom tunes are actually better for the trans even with the added hp over the edge....best thing would be to add a valvebody and tripple disk converter along with ditching the edge...

When i had my 7.3, i had custom tunes on a TS style chip and never had any probs. The 4r100 is pretty tough up to 350-400hp

Edge on daily driving is fine, but almost everyone that wants an edge for other than MPG purposes will turn the edge up every now and then for that extra speed and that will burn the tranny up... VB and TC are the way to go, or just do a full rebuild and never worry!

Edge on daily driving is fine, but almost everyone that wants an edge for other than MPG purposes will turn the edge up every now and then for that extra speed and that will burn the tranny up... VB and TC are the way to go, or just do a full rebuild and never worry!

Absolutely NOT true!!! the Edge WILL toast the transmission. I'm speaking from experience too. I had never set it past level 2 of 3 on the evolution, which was only like 60HP. I have never heard of anyone having their transmission last very long on an Edge.

Back