Adjustable front shocks

We hung a hx60 off of a steed speed 2nd gen t4. There's no way to fit it with the tower in factory location

Did you try flipping the manifold over, or is it a strait flange steed speed??

What is the advantage of eliminating the shock tower and adding the flat plate?

It gives you more room for bigger turbos, and will allow the shock to act as a suspension stop when it bottoms out from all of the front weight.

i made some of those plates about a month ago, while i had the program wrote i cut about 5-6 extra set on the plasma table. if anyone wants to try them PM me. ill try and get pictures up later today. only issue im running into is my truck sits so low in the front trying to find a shock to fit. i am running a lowering shock i currently have about 1"-1.5" to bump stops. what are you guys sitting at at ride height?

ynynu5e2.jpg

py4ypa9a.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

i made some of those plates about a month ago, while i had the program wrote i cut about 5-6 extra set on the plasma table. if anyone wants to try them PM me. ill try and get pictures up later today. only issue im running into is my truck sits so low in the front trying to find a shock to fit. i am running a lowering shock i currently have about 1"-1.5" to bump stops. what are you guys sitting at at ride height?

Are you using any kind of suspension stop up front?

right now all i have is the factory bump stop, I've got to figure something out i have a pull this weekend. i just don't want to let out at the end of the track and come down hard on the bump stops.

right now all i have is the factory bump stop, I've got to figure something out i have a pull this weekend. i just don't want to let out at the end of the track and come down hard on the bump stops.

Your pulling, lol, it is all kind of hard on it.

Kind of like the guy that I saw unload his snowmobile from his truck, put it in reverse and floored it. After a few folks were looking at him, he says, "I hit 3 foot moguls at 40+ MPH, 3 feet from the back of my truck won't hurt anything!" LOL

Just figure out how much your truck is lifting when you take off and block accordingly, I'm running a 3 inch block in the front of mine and it only picks up a 1/2 inch.

Your pulling, lol, it is all kind of hard on it.

Kind of like the guy that I saw unload his snowmobile from his truck, put it in reverse and floored it. After a few folks were looking at him, he says, "I hit 3 foot moguls at 40+ MPH, 3 feet from the back of my truck won't hurt anything!" LOL

i understand what your saying, I'm just trying to prevent as much damage or worn parts as possible. just looking for how hard do they actually land when letting out? Is it a hard slam to the stops, or just "bumping" them...?:lolly:

I was thinking of those actually, I guess I will see how it hooks this weekend if I get it done in time :banghead:

How long of shocks are you people running when take the tower out and put a plate in

I'm running a factory shock. But mine doesn't see the road. So when I have all the weights on the front they are bottomed out. I'd like to run a different shock, I just haven't had time to look for the right one.

Back