Air to water intercooler

loconut21

Does anyone recommend any specific brand and was wondering how big I need to go I am going to be running an fi s480 charger

I'm running a frozenboost 150psi unit.. This one: 150 PSI Water to Air Intercooler

I'm not running an S480, but I'm running that IC with nothing but a circulating pump and a Ford Taurus radiator mounted in the grill for cooling. Keeps my EGT's below 1200 all the time, with 5x16's, 024 DV's, and a maxed out 180 pump. WH1C/HT60 twins.

If you're gonna run Ice water, you might get away with that unit... But if you've got the $$$, go bigger.

Any idea on what kinda boost drop Your getting across that I was hoping to get away with one that size but at the same time I don't wanna do it twice

Last edited:
I have no idea. I know my twins on the old truck would do about 65 psi with 7x11 injectors and stock 131 dv's and a 175 pump. My current setup with light porting, 5 angle valve job, 5x16's, 024 dv's and a 180 pump does close to 70 on the dyno. 1200F egts.....

There shouldnt be to much boost drop and there are the same ones on eBay for cheaper If you look around....

little6cylinder has a home made one that seemed to work great and I think he is getting rid of it. PM him

Back