AirDog 150 - Location?

SuperDave4x4

popcorn playa
The lines that came with my AD150 are cracking and I'm going to replace them, but while I'm doing this I would really like to move the pump to a different location. Servicing the transfer case is a pain with the pump right beside it and also servicing the filters on the AD isn't very easy either. SO with that said I thought about moving the pump outside the frame rail under the bed (between the filler neck and the front of the bed). I'm going to try to reuse the existing bracket, but I will probably have to put a new bend in it so it has a better angle and hopefully not have to use 90 degree fittings.

Has anyone done this or relocated the pump to another location?

Are they leaking? Usually just the blue outter cover gets cracks. Thats not actually the "Fuel" hose. Its more of a laceration cover basically. Shouldn't have any issues with the hose itself. But let me know.

That is where I typically mount them. Easily done with the tank down, simply bolt through the frame to attach the bracket. I hate seeing filters hanging lower than the frame rail.

That is where I typically mount them. Easily done with the tank down, simply bolt through the frame to attach the bracket. I hate seeing filters hanging lower than the frame rail.

Yeah same here! That's why I wanna sneak it up in there. Can you get a picture of your set up?

Are they leaking? Usually just the blue outter cover gets cracks. Thats not actually the "Fuel" hose. Its more of a laceration cover basically. Shouldn't have any issues with the hose itself. But let me know.

I still would like to relocate this little "sucker". LOL Pun intended

Last edited:
That's how the original AD were mounted. IMO, it was a much better setup. It would mount to the front cross member of the bed. You had to drill two holes and fish the nuts through. Why they went to inside the frame I'm not sure.

Yeah same here! That's why I wanna sneak it up in there. Can you get a picture of your set up?

On customer's trucks not mine. My truck has a utility body with the system mounted in one of the side compartments so I don't need to lay on the dirt to change filters. :evil

On customer's trucks not mine. My truck has a utility body with the system mounted in one of the side compartments so I don't need to lay on the dirt to change filters. :evil

Gotcha.

Anyone have a 2nd Gen with the pump/filters mounted where I described?

mine is, although its a fass.... I believe its drilled a hole in the front spring hanger or something like that...I can get you some pics in a bit when I get off... if you are interested

but its "high and tight", easy to service and I've never had any issues as far as rocks busting the filters

mine is, although its a fass.... I believe its drilled a hole in the front spring hanger or something like that...I can get you some pics in a bit when I get off... if you are interested

but its "high and tight", easy to service and I've never had any issues as far as rocks busting the filters

Yeah, snap some pics if you would! :Cheer:

It looks like I'm going to have to make a stand off bracket and angle the pump similar to this:

40891d1330725471-airdog-150-lml-img_0292.jpg

41331d1331248309-my-build-thread-img_0289.jpg

(stole the pics from google search)

But I'm going to try to mount it in front of the front spring hanger on the drivers side (obviously)

Last edited:
I will be mounting my Holley black and 2-Micron filter setup soon. Good ideas, I too am looking to mount outside the frame rail for easy access and to keep it away from the driveline.

I will be running a sump as well, which makes me wonder if I can mount it outside the rail.

Misspelling courtesy of my fat fingers...

Well I'm getting a bracket made that comes off the frame 2" then will bend back towards the rear of the truck at a 30 degree angle. This will let it clear the leaf spring and give it a better angle for the fuel line to go towards the front of the truck.

Now I just need to find my old extended pump harness so I can plug it into the AD harness. I'm going to trim the old pump harness down so that it is the correct length to reach the AirDog. I don't want to starve it of 'powa'.

My AD comp 250 pump is on the outside rail and is pretty tucked. As much as the can be I guess, those filters are HUGE!

That's how the original AD were mounted. IMO, it was a much better setup. It would mount to the front cross member of the bed. You had to drill two holes and fish the nuts through. Why they went to inside the frame I'm not sure.

I have these brackets still. However the "nuts" are just a tapped piece of metal.

Can you email me a picture?

David.Ivey-Lanford@adm.com

Also the threads in the unit itself, they are NPT correct? I'm tryin to put together a few JIC fittings and parts, but just want to make sure everhying I order will fit.

I have a bracket designed in CAD. Just waiting on the shop to make and deliever it.

It will mount forward of the drivers side bed mount at the frame and angle back towards the rear tire. Also I had them make the mounting plate 8" tall so I can have some height adjustability. HOPEFULLY the bracket and pump will fit in there nicely. Now I just need to figure out what fittings I'll need. :Cheer:

I welded my bracket on the frame. It was up in front of the fender well in the bed. You couldn't see it at all. I have pics of the frame right now but I don't have a bed nor the pump to show you.

Basically driver side outside of frame behind cab up in the bed near the front stake pocket. There is a huge space there to mount it. Easier to weld the bracket to the frame then try to bolt it on.

Back