Alcohol injection?

Sandman9

have any of you guys ran alcohol into your intake manifold? i was just wondering. if not ill just run water/meth. thanks for the imput

Alcohol and meth are the same cept meth is made from wood were alky is from grain , most racing alkys u see now is meth , I found this on a race forum

ALKY RACING ALCOHOL is a brand for methanol that is now sold sold under the SUNOCO name. The only difference between it and plain methanol is the ALKY RACING ALCOHOL has a top end lube for the valves and seats already mixed in

A buddy of mine was running this on a 97 powerstroke with some pretty impressive gains. But he was just running rubbing alcohol and was having issues with no lubrication and drying out valve seals if I remember right. Ended up taking it off.

so it would be ok to just run strait meth or alky? if so where can i get some from SUNOCO?

Go to a tire shop and ask them for meth thats what most use now in tractor tires , well the ones around here do its pure meth around 4 to 5 $ a gallon then mix it how u want but may want to add some oil to it like 5 ounces to a gallon mix ,,meth is very dry

I dont see this as a good idea.

Alky has a lower flash point than diesel so it will have detonation.

Pistons dont like that.

The max you can run is 50/50 methanol/water. Mix with distilled water. I run the blue windshield washer fluid, I picked up 70rwhp at our last local dyno bash. Too much alcohol, you risk detonation. Remember that we diesel heads run 15plus to 1 compression ratio. The 50% water suppresses the detonation from occurring. I've heard guys spiking the 50/50 mix with gasoline anti-freeze(rubbing alcohol). Keep us in the loop on what you find out.

The max u can run depends on EGTS the more EGTS the more % it takes heat for it to burn as one EX guy I know dynoed and gained 90+ hp with a high ratio mix cause his EGTS were very hi now a truck running say less than 1700 will not need the extra % cause there is not enough heat produced . For most street applications a 50/50 is good but for more gains one will need to experiment if u dare but most on these boards just go by what everbody else does and sells

I been noticing that you can make more power with smaller sticks than with larger sticks. I just put twins on my truck, I can run another big nozzle. I used to run one nozzle, one turbo, small injectors (110 HP size). Big or two nozzles, the truck didn't make power. Now I'm running twins and same sticks. I ran nozzle, but I couldn't feel the power coming on from the spray like the single turbo. I'm running two big nozzles and the 50/50 mix, my power is up and my egt's have remained the same. I would guess that with more air, I can supply more air for combustion, so I can run more spray. The combo is very street friendly, no big smoke clouds, but decent power, for small sticks. I would guess that I'm up 50rwhp just by adding the twins. I will dyno in a week to see for sure.

Back