ALERT from ARP ... Ford 6.0L Diesel Head Stud Customers

COMP461

Comp Diesel Sponsor
ALERT: Ford 6.0L Diesel Head Stud Customers

ARP is aware of forum postings recommending torquing our Ford 6.0L head studs to 270 ft-lbs.

We DO NOT recommend this. This will YIELD your studs.

Please follow the instructions that came with the kit!

they dodnt seem to last at 250 ftlbs,I know thers a lot of trucks tq at 270,without issues including mine.I thought 245 was 75% of yield . they will snap at 325:hehe:

they dodnt seem to last at 250 ftlbs,I know thers a lot of trucks tq at 270,without issues including mine.I thought 245 was 75% of yield . they will snap at 325:hehe:

does the truck still have the egr cooler, did you deck the heads and what tuner

egr no, heads decked yes, sct on kill grossing 20000k, abusing it yes. built ford tough right?:hehe: egts never over 1250,need to pitch that gauge and put in a cyl persure gauge

without the egr cooler removed the exhaust is boiling the coolant and the vapor(steam) will cause the heads to lift. Once you remove an egr cooler and look at how it works you will understand why this happens

without the egr cooler removed the exhaust is boiling the coolant and the vapor(steam) will cause the heads to lift. Once you remove an egr cooler and look at how it works you will understand why this happens

You don't know 700rmk very well, he invented the first true egr delete kit.....

Back