Alh injectors

Whitbred. He will get my recommendation. There is also dark side developments over the pond.

I didn't know he actually did his own. But I did find someone willing to make a somewhat special set of injectors to go with the pump he's building. Gonna go that route.

Thanks.

I have a set of those injectors, 5x.013" I think I'll have to go a little bigger because I'm already mostly out of fuel.

Stock are 5x.006ish

Race 520 are way too small for what you want. I got about 235hp out of them on an 11mm pump stringing them out further than normal.

Once you've got everything built, let me know and maybe I'll have time to set them up for you. You will have a hard time finding people to set those up properly, most of the normal places will get the nozzles, tell you they are bad and try to sell their own garbage.

Option #2 is get some HFLOX WARP C nozzles, they are 5x.013ish I can probably get these nozzles but I haven't been a big fan of the smaller ones that I've used(Warp 1-7)

Here is a how to calibrate 2 stage injectors that I wrote up: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=383324

Let me see if they guy wants it known. I know he doesn't advertise that he does them.

I learn more about whitbread everyday. I kinda regret never actually calling him when I was going to start from a stock block. I just couldn't pass up the deal with my budget though.

JFettig, I knew the "520"s were small, but didn't know they were that small. I figured they were a true 200hp injector though when I saw them come in the 180hp "kits".

I'm thinking somewhere in the 5x.020-.022 is where I'll want to be? And we're looking into going to 1 injection event instead of 2. I'm hoping that the 2 event stuff is for emissions or something like a common rail, and not just VW trying to get fancy. I want to set this up as much like a cummins as possible.

Last edited:
You're going to get lots of side-effects with going that big. I have a couple things to test but I can't eliminate smoke at low RPM without totally killing power. I can imagine that going larger will make things worse.

R520 are good injectors for 180-210hp. They work great for even 150hp too.

To turn your 2 stage injectors into single stage - take off the little step from the hat like you would make a lockout for calibration.

I've already accepted it will smoke it's not a common rail lol. I'll just be light on the throttle. Car is very light also, so that will help.

Thanks mike!! Need be you can PM me. I will be going a similar route here in a month or so.

I found the name. I figured he was who you went with.

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Thanks mike!! Need be you can PM me. I will be going a similar route here in a month or so.

I found the name. I figured he was who you went with.

Thanks!!

Let me know when you start. I don't have a lot of info, but what I do have I'll share. Seth is being very cool about all this. Instead of the standard "it can't be done" I get from everywhere else, he jumped right in.

Back