Allison 6spd build

inline6359

Microwaving cats since 01
I have searched and i cannot seem to gather all the information i am looking for. Recently i have noticed my allison isnt putting the power to the ground it used to, and shift flare is much more noticable. The plan is to collect parts and build the tranny myself.

The only kit i have really looked at is the PPE stage 5, any options?

I would like to be able to hold 700 at the wheels, may not actually get there but i like having room to grow. I guess my question is can i hold power like that with stock shafts.

Basically what parts will i need to build my own built trans?

Alto clutches? PN?
Precision coverter?
Trans go?
Controller?
Anything else i am missing?

For the time and money you spend trying to piece together a tranny, you could have a kit from Suncoast or PPE. You will have to have the backing plates for the clutches machined if you are going to increase the clutch count. Idaho Rob would be a good person to contact if you are dead set on getting the parts individually, he had a pretty good tranny using mostly stock parts and pieces with a good converter at one time.

I was under the impression I only had to have the c3 backing plate machined?

This is the post from another thread that brought me to this decision.

Mike L. just uses off the shelf parts as does most everyone else. There is no magic that some want to believe. Alto clutches are Alto clutches unless you have them custom make something for you like Suncoast does. Mike L. does not have them make anything custom, so he can buy them from any Alto distributor just like you can. PPE has used ATS, Suncoast and Precision converters so it's hard to say what might be in any one kit of there's. The ML Precision converter is just Precisions off the shelf triple plate that they have been selling for long before Mike started to sell them.

Take your time and build it using the right parts for the application and you can build one just as good as anyone else can.

Dude, you are in PA. Give George Alexander a call (aka Big Dipper), he is in Baltimore and is more than worth the phone call. If you want the number, PM me.

You absolutely can build a great trans yourself. The hard part is finding someone to sell you the pieces and parts cheap enough that you come out better than buying a kit. A large part of the expense is the converter and that is something you can't build yourself. Make sure you have a good manual on the ally and take your time and it will be fine. Like I said, it is just hard to beat the pricing of the kits offered by suncoast and PPE.

If you want to tackle it yourself, give me a call for some info on what it will take to hold 500hp, and then if you are going above that there are other options.

If you want someone to drop the truck off and have it done, there is none better than George aka Big Dipper 1-410-960-6015

Im gonna tackle it myself, its an allison, i have taken apart pez dispensers that are more complex...... Rob ill be contacting you monday of you dont mind?

No need for i/o shafts until 800hp from what i have been told by several. I got t-case brace, and deep pan and all seems to be holding tight at 580hp

Back