Alternator

cumins01

Searched but didn't find or missed what I was looking for. Has anyone mounted a alternator where the A/c compressor went? Since the pulling rules say a 2.6 has to run one, I'm looking for a different place to mount it and that seemed like the best place. It would make it eaiser to install my a2w and intake for the turbo. Or does anyone have a better idea? Pics would be nice also. Thanks guys/gals

Do you have room for a set up like this? >>

If so, make one.

2025BBC2232-t.jpg

2002sbc2221-t.jpg

That's where mine is. I don't have any pics but I just made a bracket that bolted to the block with the pivot bolt on the bottom and drilled a few holes to make the top a slot so it could be tightened.

If you pm me your # I could take a few pics and send them in the morning if you'd like.

Last edited:
That's where mine is. I don't have any pics but I just made a bracket that bolted to the block with the pivot bolt on the bottom and drilled a few holes to make the top a slot so it could be tightened.

If you pm me your # I could take a few pics and send them in the morning if you'd like.

Pm coming your way.

no one else has done this? For a dedicated puller only, if you remove your alternator, how are you getting by tech inspection?

Back