another dodge guy out of his element (dirtymax exhaust)

schreis718

FUZZNUT
my buddy has a 06 duramax not sure on the engine lbz lly? idk anyways he wants to put a 3.5 inch exhaust on it and tells me that he heard the duramax doesnt like anything bigger and that u acctually lose power with a bigger exhust like a 5 inch i felt like i was being lied too is this true?

Why does he want a 3.5"? And no, that's wrong you may not gain any more power with a 5" than a 4" on a stock truck tho

Stock is 3.5", so why change it? Tell him to put a good 4" mandrel bent on it from the down pipe back. There is no real HP advantage to changing the down pipe out unless you plan on running well over 500HP, but they say it will drop your EGT's noticeably. If it is an 06, it will be an LBZ. They made an LLY in 06, but it is a detuned LBZ engine and uses all LBZ parts. Don't waste your money on an intake as the stock set-up is pretty good on them.

Go with mbrp, it's the best fit and finish and 4" is sufficent unless your over 5-600hp but 3.5" is the same as stock.... And no big piping is not going to hurt power on any turbo diesel

Back