Another LOCKER thread- Details Please

diesel_importer

I have searched, but haven't found the answer. I have a dana 80 limited slip, but still have traction issues during the burnout and launch. I want some type of Locker.

Here's my question: I've been told to get a Detroit Truetrac, but by the looks of it, it's still a limited slip. If I'm launching, is there a chance for one to spin more than the other?

^^^^

I bought a Detroit Locker for my Dakota. I have ran them in the past, they are full mechanical and will not slip.

ok, did some more reading. If they are going to replace the whole 3rd member anyway, should I weld up my current one and see if it does ok on the street, rather than spend 1300 bucks?

On welding the rear end, I did it on mine because I had a totally open differential and I'm daily driving it. It works and didn't cost me anything but it does get old hearing the tires chirp and jerk in parking lots and it tears up gravel quite a bit. I you can afford a locker is go that route.

Detroit lockers work well and are very tough. Truetracs will slip. Welded diffs are not legal in NHRA.

Paul

I just bought one of the Powertrax lockers to try....wanted ARB but they were x4 the cost. Summit had this on the sales rack for $300, so thought it was worth a try. I will be putting it in today, so I can let ya know they work.

Got the powertrax in this past weekend, only have limited miles on it at the moment but so far so good and installation was a breeze.

Back