antifreeze leak

olred07

Diesels for Christ
i raise my hood today and there was this white dried stuff all around the antifreeze cap, and the antifreeze was a little low. what can this be from?
i have had my egr valve unplugged for about the past 3,000 miles.

i raise my hood today and there was this white dried stuff all around the antifreeze cap, and the antifreeze was a little low. what can this be from?
i have had my egr valve unplugged for about the past 3,000 miles.

it could be someone top off the coolent onces before with the wrong color coolent we have a 99 v10 i just changed the motor in and it was everywere but it could be something else just my$.02

Isn't that the tell tale of the famous 6.0l Puking? Even with the EGR Valve unplugged doesn't it still stay open just a bit?

How bad is it? if its just a few spots the res. may have been a little overfilled.
Clean the area up and see if the spots reappear before assuming the worst

well there is all of this white stuff around around the cap, but ill clean it off and then see what happens. ill let yall know.

well there is all of this white stuff around around the cap, but ill clean it off and then see what happens. ill let yall know.

LMFAO. Welcome to the puke club... Wait until it pukes when you start it. Get ready to spend some money.:shake:

Back