Any GMC HVAC guys on here?

He drinks a fair amount.

Lets get Dan the Diesel Man on here and see if maybe he can give us some more information that either you're not understanding or he is not telling you.

He's like a phuckin cat - maybe if we all get real quiet he'll slink in here when nobody's looking

Ok....read though the posts here.

I think our main issue is not having all the correct equipment to service this system. My next step would be to evacuate the system and see how much freon I get out. If low i would adjust. If normal i would start looking elsewhere. I don't want to just put 134a cans in the system and see if its low.

Where i was getting the zero psi was on my lil 134a filler. Its a junk gauge and really didn't tell much other than the fact we needed better gauges! :doh: The other manifold gauges we used last night gave the updated numbers of 95 and 100.

I was feeling the lines some when it was running. After the accumulator, going into the firewall, that line was cooler....not cold though. Everything else was warm. I figured even if the charge was low, it still would have a pretty large spread between the High and Low sides.

This one got me stumped somewhat. I don't want to say its a compressor and not be it. I want to see how much freon is in the system now. That would give us a real good sign as to where to go next.

Ill keep an eye on this thread.....its not sending me notifications for some reason on the new posts.

Were the high and low gauges isolated?

Many a man has left the manifold open between the gauges and equalized the system.

And as someone stated before, a 5 psi drop likely is the gauge and not the system.

From my Not-So-Smart phone

I want to say yes they were isolated. But I got em still and ill ck. that would make sense as to why the pressures were the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Ok. The gauges we got we needed to read the high and low side individually. Didn't have and isolator valve between the two. That was our issue. So disregard any numbers till we can ck again. Said I was rusty with AC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Its all a curve.

Its hard to gauge what someone already knows and what they need help with sometimes.

From my Not-So-Smart phone

OK! I think we figured it out.......:bang........Ryan will be on here later with our numbers. Once isolated, the high and low side were both low. So i had 12oz of 134a in the garage and we put it in. Compressor quit cycling and ran cold. Rechecked numbers and looked better...but on the low side of good. So might just add a touch more.

So now The Dirty can run with the windows up at least!

Thanks for all the input guys and biggy238 for pointing out our Dumb-arsery!

well the banker and the cat put our helmets on this morning and licked tires - thanks to y'alls responses we redid readings and got:

40 on the high and 40 on the low with ac on
90-100 on the high and 0 on the low with low side switch bypassed

added freon and got:

160 on the high and 34 on the low

It's blowing cold for now. Like Dan said probably needs some more freon. Hopefully there are no leaks and it doesn't pull back down and I don't have to ride around dirty sweating my ballz off. If you boys are ever in Dallas beerz on me.

Start looking for an ac shop in the winter. They drop their prices stupid low for a normal service to try to drum up business in their slow time.

Back